Monday 16 July 2012

Board game draughts design by Sara Arts - Part I


Good Monday Morning,

Would you like to play Checkers with Sara Arts?
Still few days and you will!!!!

Sara Arts - Board game draught - project part I




Yesterday I started my new project and today I share with you some images of the very beginning!!!!
I am designing and working at  
my first handmade board game draughts and its pieces. 
 This will be my project for the next days….Yuppi!!!!

Actually I have doubts about how call it, well the technical name..;)))
I have no problem with the Italian one: "Gioco della dama", but this is my mother language.
My problems begin when I must decide between British English or American English:
Draughts or Checkers
Wikipedia mentions both:
"English draughts (British English) or checkers (American English and Canadian English), also called American checkers or straight checkers is a form of the board game draughts. Unlike international draughts, it is played on an eight-by-eight squared board (with sixty-four total squares) with twelve pieces on each side." Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checkers

....so I suppose it will be up to me..;))))

Sara Arts - Board game draught - project part I

I have already designed and realized some pieces. They will be half with Cherries and half with tiny red and white Mushrooms….
I was looking for playful pawns and what better than miniatures of  my Appliqués

Sara Arts - Applikationen

Traditionally the pieces are made with wood, 
my own have a wooden support: a wooden ring  covered with 
 100% white cotton fabric and a backside with green felt.
Each of them is handsewed!!!!


Sara Arts - Board game draught - project part I


 Now I need to carry on with the construction of the board.
How you can see from the images I am sewing together the squares of the board.
The main colours are red and white, it will make my creation a sort of
 "Country Board Game Draughts".


Follow my project step by step, soon I will post new pictures 
and updates of my work status!!!

See You soon
Xx
Sara

1 comment:

Thanks to take your time and send me a comment. I will replay to you soon, come back and read my message.

If you like you may follow Sara Arts also via Facebook and Google+, join me and be connect. Help each other to spread out our love for Creativity and Arts!!!

If you are a blogger too, I look forward to have a tour in your "little world".
I love to hear from you!!!!

Xx
Sara Arts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...